Jesus wants us to be in conversation with Him — talking and listening.
- Morning offering – offer your day to God, all that you are, say, think and do. That makes your day a prayer.
- Practice the presence of God – pause for a few moments throughout the day to think about God and to speak with him, short aspirations: Jesus, I love you. Help me be patient. etc.
- Examination of conscience at the end of the day – reflect on the day. How did I do today? How did I love? How can I do better tomorrow?
4 Obstacles to Prayer
- Not minding your own business – this distracts from prayer and can lead to gossip
- Doing things we are not supposed to be doing. Be alert. The enemy does not want us spending time with God.
- Worry — worry will keep us from praying.
- Ingratitude and complaining
- 1 Thess 5:17
- Lamentations 3:22-23
- 2 Thess 3:11-12
- Luke 10:38-42