Jesus calls us to love one another. That is how the world will know that we are followers of Christ. One very important way to love one another is by doing small acts of kindness throughout the day.
If we want to be true followers of Jesus, unforgiveness is not an option. Holding onto grudges and resentment is not an option. We are called to love our enemies and to do good to them.
The Kindness Pledge
I resolve to:
- Speak kindly of someone at least once a day.
- Think kindly about someone at least once a day.
- Act kindly toward someone at least once a day.
- Avoid speaking unkindly of anyone.
- Avoid speaking unkindly to anyone.
- Avoid acting unkindly toward anyone.
By Fr. Lawrence G. Lovasik